A role requires three pieces of information:
- Role type: Choose from the drop-down list. If the role type you need is not listed, please contact the system administrator.
- First trimester WAM: the WAM allocation for the first trimester of the module
- Last trimester WAM: the WAM allocation for the first trimester of the module
Regardless of the actual duration of a module, the WAM allocation to a member of staff is split between the first and last trimesters. If the module lasts for three or more trimesters, there is no WAM allocation for the middle trimesters.
Follow these guidelines to fill in the WAM boxes:
- If the module only ever lasts one trimester, put the whole WAM allocation into the first trimester and zero into the last trimester
- If the module may last for more than one trimester, divide the allocation between the first and last trimesters.
- If the allocation is an odd number, round down the first trimester vale and round up the last trimester value.
For example, if the total allocation for a particular role is 15 and the modulecould last more than one trimester, you should enter 7 for the first trimester and 8 for the last trimester.
NB. Changing the WAM figures here will force a recalculation of all current and past allocations. Please do not change the values here unless you are sure that you can do so safely.
Clicking Save will take you back to the list of roles for the module you are working on.
Clicking Cancel will also take you back but without saving.